The EPFO has published a set of frequently asked questions (FAQs) for the advantage of people who want to avail the PF advance.
The authorities had previously relaxed the EPFO principles concerning the withdrawal of PF cash keeping the problems employees may face throughout the lockdown due to this Coronavirus pandemic.
The new PF withdrawal principle may apply to all institutions throughout the nation. This is since COVID-19 was announced a pandemic by authorities for the whole nation and, thus, employees working in establishments and factories across whole India, that are members of the EPF Scheme, 1952 are qualified for the advantages of non-refundable Advance.
In accordance with the notification, the worker is allowed to Get PF withdrawal up to the total of basic salary and dearness allowance for 3 Months or around 75 percent of the sum standing to member’s credit in the EPF accounts, whichever is less.
The PF balance comprises employee and the contribution of company and the interest earned in their contributions. To avail the PF Advance, the employee not required to show any certificate or document to the EPFO.
By way of instance, if the PF Balance of a worker is Rs 100,000 and her or his basic salary and DA is Rs 30,000 a month, then the PF Advance of Rs 75,000 could be withdrawn from the worker.
To make an application for PF Advance, an employee could log into the EPF India site or even get into the Unified Portal from your Mobile.
How to apply for PF Advance?
1. Login to Member Interface of Unified Portal
2. Go to Online Services>>Claim(Form-31,19,10C & 10D)
3. Enter last 4 digits of your Bank Account and verify
4. Click on “Proceed For Online Claim”
5. Select PF Advance (Form 31) from the drop down
6. Select purpose as “Outbreak of pandemic (COVID-19)” from the drop down
7. Enter amount required and Upload scanned copy of cheque and enter your address
8. Click on “Get Aadhaar OTP”
9. Enter the OTP received on Aadhaar linked mobile.
10. Claim is submitted